Owner: New York City Department of Design and Construction
Client: EE Cruz and Company Inc.
Location: Staten Island, NY
Construction Cost: $14,669,487
This project includes the construction of 4,591 liner feet of 10” sanitary sewers, 3,116 liner feet of distribution ductile iron water mains, and 3,473 linear feet of new 30”-48” storm sewers.
The project area is situated in a densely populated residential area of Staten Island, NY. The project area borders over 180 privately owned properties with structures within 30 feet of the excavation. SA Engineering worked closely with the community liaison to perform pre-condition surveys on each structure. Three Automated Motorized Total Stations were deployed to monitor structure monitoring points installed on all structures within 30 feet of the excavation. Six vibration monitors were deployed to monitor the vibration levels around the active excavation area.
- Performed Pre-Construction Condition Surveys for 180 neighboring buildings
- Three Automated Motorized Total Stations were used along the construction stages to monitor the movement of the neighboring buildings
- Six Seismographs were used along the construction stages to monitor the construction induced vibration
- Prepared Exceedance Reports, Weekly, and Monthly Reports
- Performed borings to eliminate the pile requirements for 500 LF of pipe foundation segment, which saved $50,000 for the contractor